Friday 20 April 2012

New Arrival. . . .

Our little(ish) family is growing :0). . . . This is Charlie. . . .



Charlie is currently in Spain but over the weekend he will travel by car to the UK and by Monday evening he should be with us in his forever home.
Charlie is a rescue dog, and while living on the streets, was lucky enough to be found by 'Spanish Stray Dogs' a non-profit organisation commited to finding homes for the dogs living in Los barrios Killing Station. They took him in, fed, him, cared for him and searched for a home for him. The volunteers at the shelter are amazing and their work is tireless.





I would never have known about their work though if it hadnt been for my facebook friend Natalie from Precious Parcels 
http://www.preciousparcels.co.uk/
Natalie gave up her own free time to fly out to Los Barrios and volunteer at the shelter. Natalie is one of a kind, she has a heart of gold, is a real trooper and an inspiration. She loved every second of voluteering and of course shared her story on facebook. It was this story that completely captivated me - and whilst completely inspired by Natalies story, who was, by now adopting her very own Spanish four legged friend, Maggi, Charlie found me.
I say 'found me' because I wasnt looking for a dog, even though I wanted to help then all by sharing their photos on facebook to raise awareness etc, it never occurred to me that one would come and live with us - until I saw Charlie! Something about him 'spoke' to me. . . . I knew!!  . . . . I knew I must flutter my eyelids at Sean if I was to get my Charlie!!. . . .  And flutter I did, again and again!! It worked - Hurrah!! And now here we are just 3 sleeps away from changing Charlies life and ours for the better. XX

Please please please follow the link and pop over to Spanish stray dogs, Im not asking you all to adopt (although that would be awesome!!), but who knows by sharing their photos you could play a big part in finding a forever home!




Monday cant come around quick enough for us, I have just heard that Charlie has been collected from the shelter and will start his long journey home either tonight or first thing in the morning!! Super excited, super emotional!! XX

**********

Sean used to live in Spain and has seen first hand the apaling way the Spanish can treat their animals, it was a real an eye opener for him! Please help if you can :) As a very famous supermarket will tell you - 'Every little helps' ;) XX





No comments:

Post a Comment